A national, not-for-profit, professional association that mainly unites chemical engineering students and professors, with some participation from the industry and government.
The Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference (CCEC) typically happens in October
- To support the McGill team at the Hatch Design Plant Competition;
- To meet peers from across Canada and build a strong network;
- To facilitate the exchange of knowledge between students and professors;
- To advocate for ethical and responsible practices;
- To take a break from classes and going on a worthwhile trip to new city in Canada.
This conference takes place in a different city in Canada each year, with past conferences happening in Toronto and Halifax.
ChESS aims to cover 50% to 75% of the costs (lodging, travel, etc), but this depends annually.
Talk to your Urep! Sign up is every September!